Raspberry & Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
Raspberries and chocolate will always be my favorite fruit and chocolate combination. These raspberry and dark chocolate chip cookies are the perfect combination of tart and sweet. The raspberries add a delicious, juicy flavor, while the dark chocolate chips provide a rich and decadent finish. These cookies are sure to become a new favorite! These cookies are soft and chewy using my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe as the base.
I swapped the chocolate chips for chunks of dark chocolate. For the raspberries, I used frozen. I personally have never had much luck using fresh berries in cookie recipes in the past, the cookie just becomes sort of a gooey mess. Frozen just tends to work better, but I highly recommend giving the frozen berries a rough chop as smaller chunks will help the cookies bake more evenly.
Recipe Tips and Suggestions:
- Use good quality chocolate chips. The better the chocolate, the better the cookies will taste.
- Chill the dough for at least an hour before baking. This will help the cookies hold their shape and prevent them from spreading too much.
- The above tip means that you will NOT fold in the frozen raspberry chunks until you are ready to bake the cookies. The dough is usually still soft enough for me to fold the raspberries in with just about an hour of chill time, but if you leave it in longer and it’s too stiff, let it soften a bit on the counter for about 10 minutes or so.
- I highly recommend using frozen raspberries for this recipe AND to give them a rough chop before mixing in with the dough. Whole or larger raspberry chunks lead to more uneven baking. I find with a good knife, I can chop frozen berries after letting them sit for a minute or so. Just avoid letting them fully soften.
- Because of the frozen berries, I find that these cookies need a little bit extra time than my regular chocolate chip cookies, closer to 13-15 minutes compared to the usual 10-12. Keep an eye on them as ovens can differ.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g