Pumpkin Spice Granola
Whenever we get into November, I feel a rush to get out the last of my pumpkin recipes before Thanksgiving comes and goes and we move onto the holidays! I made this pumpkin spice granola back last month and OH MAN, is it good! Even my picky almost-three-year-old was eating it. She was particularly obsessed with the pepitas!
This granola is better than any store-bought granola that I’ve ever had. I really and truly mean it and I was legit depressed when it was all gone. It’s perfectly crispy and sweet. And best of all, it contains actual pumpkin puree! It’s not just about the spices here!
I toss this granola with coconut oil, pumpkin puree, some spices like cinnamon, and some maple syrup and just a touch of brown sugar for sweetness. Maple syrup is the perfect match with pumpkin! I mixed in pepitas and chopped pecans as well. You can add other nuts like walnuts or even chia seeds!
This granola can be eaten by hand, in a bowl with some milk, or even as a topping for yogurt. OR, oh my gosh, ice cream! I can’t believe I haven’t tried it with ice cream, but I’m gonna do it like ASAP! Fall, please never end!
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw pepitas
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or agave or honey)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, pecans, pepitas, brown sugar, and spices.
- Add the coconut oil to a small sauce pan over medium low heat and heat until just melted. Stir in the maple syrup and pumpkin puree. Pour over the oats in the bowl and combine until well-coated.
- Spread the mixture in an even layer on the baking sheet. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until lightly browned, flipping halfway through with a spatula. The granola will crisp as it cools.
- Serve alone or with milk or as a topping. Store leftover granola in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Serving Size:about 2/3 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3.4gSugar: 14gProtein: 5.6g