Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
Whenever the fall season rolls around, my oatmeal cravings hit big time. There’s nothing better than waking up on a cool morning and sitting down to a warm and comforting bowl of oatmeal to get the day started.
Although I don’t necessarily have anything against the pre-made microwave oatmeal packets, homemade oatmeal is the way to go. It’s so simple to make in under 10 minutes and you can control every ingredient that goes in.
Making a pumpkin version has been on my to-do list for quite some time and now and I think this might just be my favorite oatmeal recipe yet!
This pumpkin pie oatmeal is everything oatmeal should be. It’s comforting, creamy, and really tastes like pumpkin pie in a bowl of healthy oats. You can customize it pretty easily too using whatever milk you prefer and adjusting the spices and sugar. I used coconut almond milk and it was kind of amazing!
I have to admit taking these photos was not easy because both Maddie and I couldn’t stop eating it and Maddie doesn’t even normally like oatmeal! Top it with some chopped walnuts or pecans or even some bananas and blueberries and breakfast is served!
- 1 1/2 cups milk (any kind will work)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- Heat the milk in a sauce pan over medium heat until it reaches a light boil. Stir in the oats and let them cook until tender and until the mixture reaches your desired consistency stirring occasionally, about 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the spices, salt, brown sugar, and the pumpkin puree until combined. Garnish with choppd walnuts pr pecans. Serve.
Serving Size:1/2 mixture
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 170mg Carbohydrates: 56g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 18g Protein: 12g