Look, I made you breakfast! And oh my gahhhhh, I’m drooling just thinking about these pumpkin pancakes because they are so crazy good! The baby definitely likes pancakes. Well, actually, she likes carbs in general, but especially these last few weeks. I want to eat all of the bread, and pasta, and of course, pancakes!
We had a rare rainy Saturday this past weekend where it actually rained for a few hours and it was absolute perfection because I wore a sweater and had coffee and a stack of warm pancakes was the perfect breakfast! These pumpkin pancakes are the ultimate fall breakfast. You could make them for Halloween breakfast or for guests during the holidays or of course, just for a chilly Saturday or Sunday morning. Heck, you can make ’em for dinner if you want! Just make them!
I topped mine with some toasted pecans, but you could also use walnuts or whipped cream. If you want to make them even more decadent, you can add chocolate chips to the batter. If you can swing it, I highly recommend using good quality maple syrup with these. It just really takes them over the top! Happy fall!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, and the sugar. Then whisk in the vegetable oil, pumpkin puree, egg, and milk until just combined with the dry ingredients.
- To cook the pancakes, add a pat of butter to a pan or griddle heated over medium-low to medium heat. Scoop some of the batter, about 1/4 cup (I used a large cookie scoop) onto the pan. Cook until bubbles appear on top and then flip the pancake and continue cooking another 2-3 minutes until the pancake is cooked through. Repeat with remaining pancakes.
Serving Size:2 pancakes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 4g
Estimates are for pancakes only, does not include syrup, butter, or other toppings.