Pumpkin Oat Bars
These delicious and simple Pumpkin Oat Bars are the perfect fall breakfast or treat to enjoy all fall season long! Just the right amount of sweetness, the best chewy texture, and studded with chocolate chips!
Whenever the fall season rolls around, I can never get enough pumpkin goodness and I like mixing up new recipes that you can enjoy for breakfast too without feeling like you totally overloaded on sugar in the morning.
These Pumpkin Oat Bars are the best because they are sweetened with maple syrup and no added sugar so they a great for prepping and grabbing for a quick breakfast as you head out for the day or to enjoy with a cup of tea or a latte!
I’m loving these oat bars for breakfast, snacks, or healthier dessert.
They are made with oats, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, and sweetened with maple syrup instead of tons of sugar making them a tad healthier than other snack or dessert bars.
Of course, the chocolate chips make them extra special!
I personally find these to be sweet enough with the maple syrup and chocolate chips.
If you want to make them sweeter, you can also add a little bit of brown sugar. I have also been making these and freezing them and they hold up really well!
I like being able to grab one from the freezer and enjoy it slightly warmed in the microwave!
Recipe Tips and Suggestions
- These bars only require maple syrup for sweetness. If you want them to be more sweet, you can also add some light brown sugar, but I personally prefer them this way!
- Feel free to adjust the spices if you want a stronger cinnamon flavor.
- My favorite mix-in are mini chocolate chips, but you could also add chopped walnuts or pecans, sliced almonds, white chocolate chips, or dried cranberries.
Looking for more fall treats? Check these out:
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup maple syrup*
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 square baking dish or pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, salt, spices, and baking soda until well-combined. Create a well in the center. Add in the coconut oil, eggs, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and maple syrup. Stir until everything is just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and spread into an even layer. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes until set in the center. Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Cut into bars.
I feel these bars are sweet enough with the maple syrup and chocolate chips, however, if you want them to be sweeter, add about 1/4 cup brown sugar in with the dry ingredients.
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 5g