Skinny Bitch Tuesdays: Potato Goat Cheese Bake
What up, peeps? I only have about one more day to finish writing my dissertation, so this is going to be a REALLY quick post!
It’s another Skinny Bitch Tuesday! This week Michelle chose the Breakfast Bake. After reading the ingredients though, I thought this dish would also work really well as a side for dinner so that’s how I prepared it. But, it would also be really tasty for breakfast!
Aside from making this for dinner instead of breakfast, I chose to add spinach and swapped out the cheddar cheese for goat cheese, because well, goat cheese rocks my world. I also threw in a splash of white wine for extra flavor (you might want to leave that out if you are making this for breakfast though). This is actually a really versatile dish. You could pretty much add in anything you wanted to. Some diced peppers would also be pretty tasty. If you want to make this more breakfast-y, then you could add in some bacon or crumbled sausage. Oh, and of course, any type of cheese will do!
Potato Goat Cheese Bake
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large Idaho potatoes, diced into small cubes
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, roughly chopped
- splash white wine
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil on medium high heat. Add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes, mushrooms, and spinach and toss to combine. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add the white wine, thyme, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the potato mixture into a baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, sprinkle the goat cheese evenly over the top of the potatoes.
Calories per serving: 145
Adapted from Skinny BitchAll images and text ©
Don’t forget to check out what the other Skinny Bitch gals made!
Claire of The Realistic Nutritionist
Jennifer of Peanut Butter and Peppers
Michelle of The Healthy Bites