I have a confession. I don’t like brussels sprouts. I’m not sure why. It might be the texture or the fact that I hate the way they smell when roasting in the oven. Yeah, I know, I’m weird like that. But, something changed today. I made brussels sprouts that I actually liked! These pomegranate brussels sprouts may have made me a changed woman. They are roasted in delicious pomegranate molasses and pomegranate seeds and then topped with vanilla-pecan butter! Hello! Who wouldn’t love these? This would be a wonderful side dish to serve at your upcoming holiday dinner parties!
Pomegranate Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Vanilla-Pecan Butter
1. Combine the butter, vanilla, pecans, and season with some salt and pepper. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss the brussels sprouts with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Put the brussels sprouts on a roasting pan and roast for 20 minutes until a light golden brown. Remove from the oven and toss with the molasses. Return the sprouts to the oven and roast for an additional 10 minutes.
3. Remove the brussels sprouts and add to a bowl with the pomegranate seeds, vanilla-pecan butter, and the lime and orange zest. Toss lightly and serve.
– If you don’t want to make your molasses yourself, you can buy it bottled, but I recommend giving it a try yourself! I made mine the night before and it was super easy and super tasty! I have a bunch leftover that I can’t wait to use on something else!
– Never seeded a pomegranate? Here is a great tutorial from the Shiksa!
– If you want to cut some calories from this, you can cut down on the butter. In fact, this would still be good without the vanilla-pecan butter as most of the flavor comes from the pomegranate!