Polar Bear Marshmallows
The holiday season is now here and it’s finally starting to get chilly here in the OC! The hot cocoa cravings have definitely hit me and today I have what is quite possibly the most adorable way to dress up your hot cocoa – with a Polar Bear Marshmallow!
I can’t take credit for this idea as I’ve seen it on the interwebs quite a few times, and I’m not sure who started it, but I had to give them a try myself! These are pretty simple to make and just require a bit of time depending on how many you want to make.
You will need three different size marshmallows for these guys: Jumbo, standard, and mini. The jumbo marshmallows are used for the heads of the polar bears, standard ones make up the nose area, and the minis will be used for the ears! You will also need candy eyeballs, M&Ms, and vanilla frosting or melted white chocolate.
You can use vanilla frosting or melted white chocolate for the “glue”. I will say that I think the white chocolate might hold each piece a little better over the frosting, but I used frosting on the batch in these photos. The ears are the most difficult part to get to stay on! I used brown M&Ms only, but you can really use all of the colors.
These little guys are so perfect for the kids for upcoming parties! You can make them ahead of time, but I do recommend using them within a week or so of making them. The frosting which is your glue starts to dry up a bit and the pieces can start to fall off. If you want to make these as a gift, I would wrap up each one individually to avoid them getting stuck together!
I know I’m biased, but how perfect is my little model?!
- jumbo marshmallows
- standard-size marshmallows
- mini marshmallows
- brown M&M's
- candy eyeballs
- vanilla frosting OR melted white chocolate
- Cut each jumbo marshmallow in half until you have the desired amount of polar bears you want to make. Then, cut each of the standard marshmallows in half and set aside.
- Take a half of a jumbo marshmallow and place cut side-down on a cutting board or baking sheet. To make the nose, spread some frosting or melted white chocolate on the bottom (cut side-down) of a standard marshmallow and stick the standard marshmallow half towards the bottom-half of a jumbo marshmallow (see pictured).
- Then spread more of the frosting or chocolate on the back of each candy eyeball and place above the nose section followed by the M&M nose.
- For the ears, spread frosting or chocolate down the side of two mini marshmallows and stick on the top of each polar bear's head and hold for 30 seconds.
Serving Size:1 polar bear
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 79Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g