Sometimes I make a recipe, photograph it, eat it, and then have no words. This pizza dip is one of those recipes. It’s pretty much everything my dreams are made of. I mean, you got cheese, sauce, more cheese, olives and pepperoni, and then you dip warm bread into it. Can you think of anything more dreamy than that? I cannot.
This dip is perfect for game days, a night in with friends, parties, you name it. Everybody loves pizza so it’s one of those appetizers that will be the first to go once you place it on the table. I know for me, I could seriously eat the entire dish, but that would be totally embarrassing so I won’t, but it does take some serious willpower not to eat all of this dip! If you are unlike me and actually have some self-control or are trying to avoid carbs, you can also serve this dip with fresh cut veggies like celery or sliced green pepper.
I put some turkey pepperoni and black olives on top of mine, but just like any pizza, you can obviously customize this dip however you’d like by adding your favorite pizza toppings!
- 8 ounces plain cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup pizza sauce (I used my 5-Minute Pizza Sauce)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- toppings of your choice: pepperoni, black olives, green pepper, sausage, mushrooms, etc.
- Toasted baguette, pretzels, chips, or veggies for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, stir or beat together the cream cheese, garlic and onion powders, and the oregano until well-combined. Spread the mixture in an even layer in a pie dish or small baking dish.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the cream cheese. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese followed by the mozzarella cheese. Add your desired toppings. Bake the dip in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve with toasted sliced baguette, pretzels, chips, or veggies!