Pesto Tortellini Salad
Next week is Memorial Day which means summer is here! It’s time for all of the BBQ’s. You guys already know that my least favorite thing about summer is really disgusting hot weather. My favorite thing about summer? BBQ’s. No doubt. I love sitting around with family and friends eating burgers and all kind of sides.
Today I have a ridiculously easy pasta salad recipe for you. It just requires cooking the pasta, chopping up a few veggies, and then just mixing everything together! Pasta salads don’t have to be super complicated. I prefer them nice and simple with a good amount of fresh veggies for added crunch and texture. I used tortellini instead of plain pasta. It makes the pasta salad a little more special I think. I then added in diced green bell pepper, peas, and cherry tomatoes for the veggies. To top it all off, I then mixed in some pesto. See? Not complicated here.
You can make the pesto from scratch if you prefer, but you can also buy the premade stuff from the refrigerated section of your grocery store and make your life easier. I love this pasta salad because it’s super easy to throw together and it’s perfect if you need a last minute dish to bring to a summer party! Since tortellini is a stuffed pasta, it’s more filling so it can feed more people. It’s also pretty versatile with the veggies because you can really add whatever the heck you want to add! Hello summer!
- 1 (16 ounce) package cheese tortellini, cooked according to package directions and drained.
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2/3 cup pesto (pre-made is fine)
- salt and pepper
- other add ins (optional): sliced black olives, broccoli, artichokes, shredded carrots, etc.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked tortellini. Stir in the bell pepper, peas and tomato. Then mix in the pesto until everything is well-coated in the pesto (feel free to add more if needed). Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill for 1 hour and then serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g