Ever since I made my homemade Gingerbread Fudge a couple of years ago, I’ve been wanting to make more. I love throwing some homemade fudge onto a cookie tray. Its a nice little change from regular cookies and is obviously perfect for chocolate lovers like myself! I made this ridiculously easy peppermint fudge a few weeks ago and was so pleased with how it turned out!
You only need 4 ingredients to make it: semi-sweet chocolate chips, peppermint extract, sweetened condensed milk, and crushed candy canes!
To make the fudge, you will set up a double boiler on the stove. Melt the chocolate, stir in the peppermint extract and sweetened condensed milk and just pour into a dish and let set for a little bit. I threw some crushed candy canes on top for extra pepperminty-goodness. If you prefer, you can add sprinkles on top or do a combo of the two!
Semi-sweet chocolate is a good base to use, but of course, if you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate (my personal fave), then you can certainly swap in in the recipe. You can also do a combo of chocolates.
I added 1 teaspoon peppermint extract which will give you just enough of that flavor without being too strong paired with the crushed candy canes on top. If you want more subtle peppermint, you can add less or add more if you want stronger peppermint flavor!
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (can also use dark or milk chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 14 ounces (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
- 4-5 candy canes, crushed
- Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Prepare a double boiler. Fill a sauce pan about 1/2 way with water. Place a glass bowl over so that it sits on top of the pan. Bring water to a boil.
- Pour in the chocolate chips. Stir constantly until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Stir in the peppermint extract and condensed milk until combined. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish. Push down into an even layer in the dish.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top. Cover and let sit for at least 1 hour for the fudge to set. Slice into approximately 30 squares.
Serving Size:1 square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g