Pecan Pie Martini
Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching. We are hosting this year which always makes me happy because it gives me the opportunity to test out new recipes! Of course, Thanksgiving food is always the star of the show, but a good cocktail is also a must! And what could be more perfect than a Pecan Pie Martini?!
This is certainly more of a dessert martini, but I’d happily sip on one of these any time of the day! To make these, you need some pecan liqueur (yes, this is a thing!), RumChata which adds creaminess and cinnamon and vanilla, and of course, you need vodka. There’s no question that this is a pretty boozy martini, but it’s oh so yummy!
For the rim, I like to crush pecans into a pretty fine crumb and mix them with a bit of cinnamon and brown sugar. You can add a dollop of whipped cream as well! Your guests will love you forever and always after serving this delectable cocktail!
Recipe Tips and Suggestions:
- I bought Praline Pecan Liqueur for this recipe. There are a couple of other brands, but not a ton to pick from out there. I found it at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits.
- If you want to make this martini, but you cannot find the pecan liqueur, you can add additional vodka and mix it with pecan simple syrup (like for coffee) to taste.
- I like using RumChata for this, but Bailey’s Irish Cream also works well!
- For the rims, I recommend dipping the glasses in melted caramel or maple syrup. If you don’t have or want to crumble up pecans, you can also just do a simple cinnamon and sugar rim!
For the rims:
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, crushed into a finer crumb
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons caramel sauce or maple syrup
For the martinis:
- 3 ounces pecan liqueur
- 2 ounces RumChata
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 4 ounces half and half
- Stir together the crumbled pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a shallow bowl or dish. Pour the caramel sauce into another small dish. Dip each glass into the caramel to coat the rims, followed by the pecan mixture. Set aside.
- Pour the pecan liqueur, RumChata, vodka, and half and half to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake gently to mix a few times. Divide the cocktail amongst each glass. Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 4gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g