Peanut-Sauced Chicken Pitas
When it comes to lunch, I think I’m in a forever rut. I want/need healthy options, but there are only so many salads one can eat before you get totally sick of salads! And since having a second baby, my mornings have gotten seriously hectic. Between getting myself ready, getting the girls dressed, feeding the baby, and making breakfast for Maddie and my husband, I don’t have a lot of time for lunch prep before I realize how late I am running to get to work. Since returning to work, I’ve been buying lunch way too often which of course, is too expensive and not very healthy. I’m a big fan of chicken salads and I like these Peanut-Sauced Chicken Pitas because 1. I’m all about anything covered in peanut sauce and 2. These are really easy to make! If you want to have these pitas a few times in a week, you can also make a larger batch of the peanut sauce and keep extra of the chopped veggies in a container in the fridge.
While I love eating this in a pita, the chicken and peanut mixture would also be fabulous of a bed of greens or heck, just by itself with a fork!
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 (6-inch) pita, cut in half
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, and the honey. Set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together the chicken, bell pepper, cilantro, carrot, and the peanuts. Stir in the peanut sauce until well-combined. Spoon the mixture into the pita bread and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 pita half
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 620mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 4gProtein: 21g