Peanut Butter Banana Chip Cookies
Maddie and I were feeling seriously cooped up a couple of weeks ago while we were all sick. Maddie was the least sick of all of us and she was going completely nuts one morning, taking every single toy she has (which is A LOT) out and it was making me want to pull out all of my hair. I dragged her into the kitchen to bake and made up these peanut butter banana chip cookies and I am seriously in love!
These cookies have a somewhat muffin-like texture to them which means you can eat them pretty much any time of day! I’ve been adding a touch of cornstarch to a lot of my cookie recipes lately because it makes them extra soft and chewy!
I wouldn’t go as far to say these are “healthy” cookies as they contain a little bit of sugar and chocolate chips, but they are certainly better than your average cookie. The banana and natural peanut butter are great additions. I only used 1/2 cup of brown sugar, which when divided by 16 cookies, is not that bad. I also used coconut oil instead of butter. You can leave the chocolate chips out if you want, but I mean, why on earth would one do such a thing?!
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the melted coconut oil and brown sugar for about 1 minute. Then mix in the egg, banana, peanut butter, and the vanilla extract until well-combined.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in with the wet ingredients and mix until just-combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to scoop cookies onto the cookie sheet (about 2 tablespoons per cookie). Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden. Store leftovers in airtight container for up to one week or freeze.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 4g