It’s officially the worst time of year in Phoenix. It’s in the 110s and it’s so awful. It’s even more awful than normal when you are 6 months pregnant. I mean, I guess it could be worse. I could be 9 months pregnant, but it’s still bad! Pregnancy combined with the heat is really starting to drain me too. Going out and running errands is getting harder.
Pregnancy also means cutting out or cutting down on so many drinks. You have to watch out for caffeine so I haven’t been having really any coffee. I do have the occasional iced tea because I just need it in this weather! Then there is the no alcohol thing. I miss wine. I miss it so bad. Not that I was that big of a drinker, but I really want some dang wine! Oh, and fruity drinks too! It’s summer and cold and fruity drinks are a must! I’ve been drinking a ton of water, but sometimes water gets a little boring.
So homemade lemonade it is. While having too many sugary drinks is not good, making your own lemonade at home means you can control how much sugar goes in and don’t have to worry about any other weird ingredients. Just fruit, sugar, water, and lemons! I’ve made a lot of lemonade recipes now and today I’m all about the peaches. I’ve actually been ridiculously obsessed with peaches lately. I want them every day. So, why not put them in some lemonade?! My husband isn’t normally a big peach fan, but even he loved this version.
I just want to spend the rest of the summer indoors in the A/C and with a pitcher of peach lemonade!
- 5 medium peaches, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar (plus more if desired)
- 6-7 lemons, juiced
- 6 1/2 cups water (or try sparkling water!)
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add the sugar plus 1/2 cup of the water. Stir together until the sugar dissolves. Add the peaches and stir together. Bring to a simmer and lower the heat to medium low. Let the peaches cook until mushy, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the heat. Use the back of the fork or a potato masher to mash the peaches down as much as you can. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, pour the fruit puree through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher. Discard the solids.
- In the pitcher, add the lemon juice and the rest of the water. Add extra sugar if desired. Stir to combine and serve over ice or store in the fridge (I recommend letting the lemonade sit in the fridge for at least two hours as it lets the peach flavor develop more!).