Paleo Double Chocolate Cookies
So, it was 118 degrees this weekend. I mean, that’s not even okay. How is that even possible? This was certainly the hottest weekend we’ve had in a long time. Yeah, yeah, it’s a dry heat, but my gosh, 118 is no joke. I tried to take Maddie out to play with her water table and after ten minutes, we were both over it. I’m hiding inside the rest of this summer and making treats to deal with my pain!
Today I’m posting a treat for all you paleo, gluten-free, grain-free folks! These Paleo Double Chocolate Cookies are everything. They are moist and rich with a brownie-like texture. Yes, they pretty much rock my world. I would actually say these are one of my most favorite cookies ever! You wouldn’t think a paleo cookie would achieve such an honor, but these cookies are truly that good. Even my non-paleo, flour and gluten-loving husband said they were pretty tasty. You would never know that these were healthier cookies so yes, that means you can eat all of them!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (use dairy free for paleo) or chopped dark chocolate
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth. Then add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and the salt and stir until well-combined. Fold in the chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate). Cover the bowl and chill in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat. Remove the dough from the fridge and use a medium cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. If the cookies seem too thick for you, gently press down with a fork or a spatula to flatten slightly. Let the cookies cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 12mg Sodium: 47mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 10g Protein: 2g