Overnight Cinnamon Roll Oats
It’s starting. The hot weather. I know some of you probably want to throw garbage at me for complaining about the heat, but if you have ever lived in Phoenix, you would understand where I am coming from. We brought the baby to a spring training game last week and it was about 90 degrees and we almost died. My poor baby was so hot and started getting really mad by the 2nd inning. This can’t bode well for the summer!
So needless to say with the rising temps, I am over hot foods, especially for breakfast. I started craving overnight oats again. If you have never had overnight oats, I can tell you that some people can’t handle the texture and the fact that its cold, but I am totally down with the overnight oats! I love that I can just mix everything up the night before and have breakfast just waiting for me in the morning when I am trying to rush out the door.
My inspiration for these overnight oats came from my cinnamon roll oatmeal. I wanted to create an overnight version. Oh goodness are these yummy! Plenty of cinnamon flavor and then if you really want to treat yourself, spoon a big ol’ dollop of cream cheese topping on top and you’ve got yourself one easy, but seriously decadent but not too-bad-for-you breakfast!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup skim milk (can also use soy or almond milk)
- 3/4 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the cream cheese topping: (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a jar or container, stir together the oats, milk, yogurt, cinnamon, salt, brown sugar, and the vanilla extract until well-combined. Cover and chill overnight.
- To make the optional cream cheese topping, stir together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract with a fork until smooth. Spoon desired amount on top of oats. Or, you can also make the topping and stir it in with all of the other ingredients overnight. You can also mix up the topping the night before if you want to!
Nutrition includes cream cheese topping.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472 Total Fat: 9.7g Carbohydrates: 57g Sugar: 29g Protein: 9.7g