Olive & Pepper French Bread Pizza
I’ve realized that I have not posted nearly enough football eats this season so far. This must be remedied ASAP! Pizza is always the answer!
I wanted to make something that required minimal effort, but that could also feed a crowd and french bread pizzas are the perfect solution! This french bread pizza has an extra layer of flavor and awesomeness! For this recipe, I used the STAR Fine Foods Hot Pepper Stuffed Olives. I thought the heat from the hot pepper would pair nicely with this creamy and cheesy french bread pizza! French bread pizza is the perfect shortcut to traditional pizza. It’s great for when you want a quick weeknight meal or for when you need an easy appetizer!
This pizza starts with a base of cream cheese studded with the chopped olives and is then topped with sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and sliced piquillo peppers. It’s perfectly cheesy and full of flavor! This pizza is so simple and you don’t have to worry about rolling out dough and all of that nonsense! Just layer your ingredients, stick it under the broiler, and then slice and enjoy. Feel free to change up the toppings too!
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup STAR Fine Foods Hot Pepper Stuffed Olives, chopped
- 1 French baguette, sliced in half lengthwise (about 12-inches long)
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1/3 cup Cara Mia Piquillo Peppers, roughly chopped
- Set oven on broil. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside. In a bowl or food processor, stir together the cream cheese and 1/2 cup of the olives until combined. Spread the mixture on top of each half of the baguette in a even layer.
- Spoon and spread the pizza sauce on top of the cream cheese mixture. Then sprinkle the cheese, followed by the pepperoni, the remaining chopped olives, and the chopped piquillo peppers. Place the baguettes on the cookie sheet and put under the broiler for about 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cut into slices and serve.
Serving Size:1 slice (out of 12)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 369mg Carbohydrates: 19g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g
Disclaimer: I have an ongoing partnership with STAR Fine Foods for recipe development. Though I was compensated for my work, all opinions and text in this post is my own.