No-Bake Key Lime Pies
One of my favorite things about summer cooking is not cooking. Or in this case…baking. The more I do not have to cook/bake, the better! I’m all about the no-bake desserts this time of year. They are so much easier requiring less steps than baked desserts.
These mini No-Bake Key Lime Pies are so perfect. First, they are mini and anything in mini form is automatically adorable and awesome. And second, they are super yummy and fresh with the perfect amount of tang from the fresh key lime juice and zest.
These would be perfect for summer parties if you are wanting to have assorted desserts for your guests and don’t want to have to worry about doing a bunch of baking! The fact they are mini also means you can eat like 10. You’re welcome.
One important note for these guys – I would avoid prepping them entirely the night before as the filling will make the phyllo cups soggy the longer they sit. You can mix up the filling the night before and just spoon into the cups the day you plan to serve them!
- 15 mini frozen phyllo cups, thawed
- 5 ounces plain cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup fresh key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- whipped cream
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, key lime juice and zest, and the condensed milk until well-combined. Spoon about 1-1/2 tablespoons each of the filling into each phyllo cup.
- Place into a container in the fridge, covered, and chill for about 4-6 hours. Spoon or pipe whipped cream on top of each cup. Garnish with extra zest or chopped nuts if desired. Serve (see note below about serving suggestions).
The pies are best eaten right after they come out of the fridge. You can make them the night before, but may find that the phyllo cups are soggier. You can make the filling the night before and then spoon into the cups right before serving as well.
Serving Size:1 mini pie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 134mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g