Flashback Friday: No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Happy Friday all! I want to take a quick second to mention that apparently my email got hacked yesterday. If you have ever emailed me, you may have gotten a spam link. I sincerely apologize for this and hope that it didn’t cause any problems for any of you! Hopefully the issue has been fixed!
Now that that part is out of the way, we can talk about this pie. Chocolate and peanut butter. Is there any better combo of flavors in this world? I think not. It’s a no-bake pie and it’s a favorite of ours in my house. I love no-bake pies, especially during the warmer months because you don’t have to crank up the oven and they are just so much easier to make. You don’t have to make crust either! Another great thing about this pie? You can keep it light and low on sugar if you prefer by using fat free and sugar free pudding and whipped topping!
I like to keep this pie in the freezer so it has more of an ice cream consistency, but you can also keep in the fridge if you want it to have a softer consistency like pudding. There is no right or wrong, whatever you want!
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 (1.4 oz.) box instant chocolate pudding (I used sugar-free fat-free)
- 2 cups skim milk
- 8 oz. container sugar-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 Oreo or graham cracker pie crust
- For garnish: chocolate bar (for shaving), chocolate sprinkles, chopped nuts, etc.
- In a large bowl, mix pudding and skim milk together. Pudding should set in about 5 minutes.
- Melt peanut butter in microwave-safe bowl for approximately 20 seconds. Mix into pudding mixture.
- Add half of the container of whipped topping and mix well. Pour pudding mixture into pie crust.
- Use the remaining whipped topping to spread over the top of the pie. You can garnish the pie with shaved chocolate, sprinkles, cocoa powder, whatever you like! Refrigerate or freeze pie for at least 2-3 hours before serving. If frozen, you may want to let the pie thaw for a little bit before slicing.
Original Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie