No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Peanut butter is a pretty big deal in my house. My toddler wants all things peanut butter and she wants them all day long. She often says to us, “Peanut butter on a spoon, please!” and just eats a scoop right out of the jar or she will lick it off her toast. She’s also majorly obsessed with peanut butter and jelly jars from Trader Joe’s. She’s a peanut butter fiend. I can’t say I blame her though! And what makes peanut butter even more dreamy? Combining it with chocolate…and cheesecake…
These No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are so rich and decadent, I can barely handle it! And when you don’t have to turn on your oven to make them? Even better!
I used Oreo crumbs for my crust, but graham cracker crumbs would also work just fine if you prefer that. When planning for this recipe, note that I recommend making these the day before you want to serve them. I find chilling them overnight is best for all of my no-bake cheesecake recipes, but if you can’t swing that, I do recommend at least 4 hours so plan accordingly!
Like all of my no-bake cheesecakes, the base starts with cream cheese and whipped topping. If you are against the whipped topping, you can always use homemade whipped cream, just know that your cheesecakes may not be quite as thick or stable after chilling. If you are serving the cheesecake in individual bowls like pictured, this won’t be such a big deal since you don’t have to worry about cutting and serving the perfect piece!
- 12 Oreo cookies, cream removed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) block reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) container light whipped topping, thawed (or homemade whipped cream)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, nuts
- Place the Oreos into a food processor and crush into crumbs. Or you can also place them in a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin. Add the crumbs to a bowl and stir in the melted butter. Mix well. Then divide the crumbs evenly amongst each ramekin or dessert bowl and press down. Set aside.
- Add the cream cheese to a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth with an electric mixer, about 3 minutes.
- Place the chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Place back into the microwave if needed and heat for another 10-15 seconds. Stir until the chocolate is melted and set aside. Then, spoon the peanut butter into another microwave-safe bowl and heat for about 15 seconds and set aside.
- Fold in the melted chocolate, peanut butter, and the vanilla. Then fold in half of the whipped topping until well-blended.
- Pipe or spoon the mixture evenly amongst the serving dishes. Spoon the remaining whipped topping on top of each cheesecake. Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours.
Serving Size:1 cheesecake with dollop of cool whip on top
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420 Total Fat: 31g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 25mg Sodium: 229mg Carbohydrates: 33g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 20g Protein: 8g