1. I’ve been in Orlando this week for my friend’s wedding and to visit my family. My friend didn’t actually use real flowers for our bouquets. Instead, she made them out of paper! She and her husband are both music teachers so they used some music paper with red paper. All of the guys wore paper boutonnieres and our bridesmaid bouquets had different pins on top. Here is a pic of mine. I just thought they were so creative!
2. So I have a weird obsession with Alaska. Well, not so much that it’s just Alaska, it’s just any place where people live in extreme temperatures, especially cold weather. All of the Alaska shows on TV just suck me in. Alaska State Troopers? Love it. But, have you guys seen Life Below Zero? It’s about 4 different people/couples living in different parts of Alaska. There is one lady who lives all the way at the top, like 200 miles north of the Arctic Circle and she lives all by herself and runs a camp for people who want to go there. It’s like 40 degrees below zero. WTF?! I would die. Sometimes I think I would love to live in a really remote place far away from lots of people, but then I realize that 1. I wouldn’t be able to survive that kind of cold, and 2. I don’t think I could live without Ulta, Trader Joe’s, and Chipotle.
3. Have you guys been watching the Real Housewives of New Jersey? I’m just not sure how I feel about it anymore. The whole family drama thing is kind of old and I was so bored last season. I was so bored with it that I was actually wishing they would bring back Danielle. I’m still watching, but I think they need to bring in a new person that is not related to any of them to change things up for a bit. Oh, and while we are talking about Real Housewives, let’s talk about OC. Why is Lauri back? It looks like they just brought her back to talk crap about Vicki. She is clearly bored with life and wants back on the show. Trashy!
4. And why we are on the topic of Bravo, did you guys see that they have a new show coming out called “Eat, Drink, Love”? What the heck Bravo? Why you gotta copy me, yo?
5. Me and Hubs are getting ready to celebrate our 3rd anniversary next week. We usually just make fondue at home and don’t really like to spend a lot of money. How do you like to celebrate anniversaries?
6. I got my first shellac manicure this weekend. I love how it doesn’t chip, but I also am not sure how I feel about not being able to change my color for so long. I am a bit of a nail polish freak and I like to change my color every 2-3 days. It’s pretty great for when you are traveling though.
7. Since Game of Thrones ended two weeks ago, I decided to start reading the books to get all caught up in time for next season. I’m already halfway through the first book. Maybe it’s because I am reading the books after seeing the show, but I think HBO has done a great job hitting all of the major events, especially considering how freaking long the books are!
8. I kind of hate going forward in time. It’s so much worse than going backwards. I’m not quite tired enough at 12am Eastern time since it’s only 9 in Arizona and then I can’t seem to fall asleep until like 2am Eastern time. And worst of all, getting up at 8am means I am actually getting up at 5am. That blows.
9. For this week-long trip to Florida, I managed to fit everything in a small carry-on suitcase. You guys, this is HUGE for me. I have always been that girl that packs the huge suitcase for a 3-day trip. It helped that I didn’t need a big hair dryer since I am staying at my mom’s house, but I am seriously so proud of myself.
10. I am kind of dying over this coconut cream pie. It looks amazing. Also, there is rum.in.the.crust!