1. My diploma finally came in the mail. I know that I actually graduated, I know it happened, I was there. But, this piece of paper is like, ok, yes, it’s over. I’m Dr. Stephanie. My dad said he wouldn’t believe that I really graduated until he saw the diploma. So, there you go, Dad. Booya.
2. The Following. Are you watching it? I really want to like it, but the story is just getting to be so incredibly stupid. I know, there is a fake element to every tv show, but there is a limit. Ok, so we are supposed to believe that a man who has killed over 14 people can have free and unmonitored access to the internet and has managed to convince people to follow him…on the internet?! Oh, and all these random visitors show up to chat with him in prison AND nobody is monitoring the conversations. They are all sitting there and there are guards and none of are ever like, “Uhhh, these people are talking about killing people and making plans”?! Totally normal. The writing seems sloppy to me. It’s like they don’t really know where this is all going so at any time, they can make any character “a follower.” My husband and I are waiting for the day when the wife reveals herself to be a follower. If and when that happens, I am really done with this show. I’ll keep watching to see if the writers can surprise me, but this show is disappointing to me. And how will it last multiple seasons? They can’t carry on with this story for very long.
3. I know so many of you have been getting slammed with snow lately and you will probably want to slap me for saying this, but I do not want it to get hot out. It’s been pretty nice here in Phoenix. We’ve had days in the low 60’s, 50’s, and colder at night and I love it. It’s going to be in the 80’s this weekend. I am not ready for Phoenix heat. I’m a fall and winter kind of gal. I don’t want to live in a blizzard, but I don’t want it to be super hot. I’m not done with winter clothes yet. I still have things with tags. So, don’t be in such a hurry, Phoenix weather. Apparently it “snowed” last week. I totally missed this. Wahhhhh.
4. I go to bed entirely too late. Like, right now, I should be sleeping. But no, I am not. I am writing this post. And then after I finish it, we will go upstairs and will turn on reruns of Friends on Nick at Nite. Oh, and it totally doesn’t help that they also started showing Curb Your Enthusiasm on TV Land. So, after we watch an episode of that, then we turn off the lights and have “talk time”. Talk time could be about anything. Like, things that happened during the day, stories we read, or sometimes my husband starts talking about space, which really overwhelms me and I get all worked up about it. So then I only get like 5 hours of sleep and I wake up for work and I hate myself.
5. On that note, there should be mandatory nap breaks during the work day. If I ever run for President, this is happening so vote for me, k?
5. I am obsessed with the spring line of jewelry at Coach. I will take one of everything, please. K, thanks.
6. I saw this photo on Pinterest the other day and this is truly the story of my life. Like earlier tonight when I was making some brownies for a potluck party tomorrow, the kitchen looked like a bomb went off. My husband says I have turned into a slob. Unless it’s a cookie, I am a total disaster when it comes to baking. Especially when powdered sugar is involved. Total. disaster. A hazmat crew needs to be brought in. I’m not even kidding.