Mushroom Spinach Pappardelle
One of my favorite things to do as a blogger is take dishes that I have at a restaurant and try to recreate them at home. It’s like a fun game! Last summer, we went up to Montreal as I had a conference for work and were staying at Le Westin which was a wonderful hotel. As much as I wanted to try and get out to explore the city a little, I had a badly sprained ankle and then my first day there, I came down with the plague. Needless to say, we did not get out very much. Thank goodness for room service!
The first night we arrived it was very late and we had not yet had dinner so I was starving. I ordered the mushroom spinach pappardelle that was tossed in a tasty white wine sauce. It seems so simple, but it was so so so good! It was so good that I ordered it like two more times that weekend.
I adore these thick and ribbony noodles. This dish was so simple to make. The sauce is very light, but also very flavorful. I used mushrooms and spinach, but you could really use whatever veggies you like and you could also add chicken if you wanted to.
- 8 ounces pappardelle pasta
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbs. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare pappardelle according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a saute pan, heat 2 tbs. of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add in the mushrooms and the spinach. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until the spinach has wilted and the mushrooms are cooked.
- Add in the garlic and and the white wine. Let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Spoon the pasta into the pan, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and toss the pasta until it is well-coated. If it seems dry, you can add in more olive oil if needed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl or onto plates. Sprinkle some of the Parmesan cheese on top and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g