Mocha Latte Overnight Oats
It always cracks me up that so many of my overnight oatmeal recipes are some of the most popular on the site. Like cinnamon oats or these coconut cream pie oats. They are such simple recipes, but I totally get why so many people love them. It only takes about 5 minutes to prep the night before and breakfast is ready to go in the morning!
These Mocha Latte Overnight Oats are my new favorite overnight oat addiction. I mean, you get your coffee and breakfast all in one bowl!
You might think it sounds strange to mix coffee and oatmeal together, but trust me, it totally works! Think coffee ice cream. It’s the perfect morning combo!
To make these oats, I simply mixed up some plain almond milk, cocoa powder, a shot of espresso, some maple syrup to sweeten, and oats!
I used a Nespresso shot for mine. If you don’t have a Nespresso machine, you can use espresso powder or just regular brewed coffee. If using brewed coffee, you might want to add a bit more to increase the coffee flavor. If you go that route, reduce some of the milk.
As always, you can totally customize these to your liking. I used almond milk, but any milk will really do. You can use less cocoa powder or coffee. I sweetened mine with maple syrup, but honey or stevia also work!
I like to eat these with some sliced bananas on top and a sprinkling of mini chocolate chips!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- approx. 1 ounce espresso shot or coffee
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste; can also use stevia)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (not quick oats)
- In a sealable container or jar, add the milk, cocoa powder, espresso, and maple syrup. Stir to combine. Then stir in the raw oats.
- Cover the jar and refrigerate overnight. When ready to eat, stir before eating. Add sliced bananas, berries, or top with chocolate chips if desired. Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 (without toppings)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 17mg Carbohydrates: 58g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 25g Protein: 7g
Looking for more overnight oats recipes? Check out this roundup of 25 Overnight Oats Recipes!