Mini Lemon Mascarpone Fruit Pies
It’s starting to warm up here in the O.C. and a part of me is kind of bummed because I have been loving the cooler days and rain we’ve gotten over the past few months. With the rising temperature, I’m also really craving light and fresh spring and summer food and that is certainly not a bad thing!
These Mini Lemon Mascarpone Fruit Pies are one of those desserts that can easily carry you from spring to summer. First, they don’t require any baking. And second, they are nice and light and won’t leave you feeling like you indulged in something super heavy. These are somewhat similar to no-bake cheesecakes with the base being made with the whipped cream and instead of cream cheese, we are going to use the Italian cream cheese, mascarpone cheese! Then of course, I added a good dose of lemon for added flavor!
These little pies are so perfect for Easter or they would also be great for the 4th of July! You can switch up the fruits on top however you’d like. They are easy to make and don’t require turning on your oven! They are also mini-sized! Mini-sized desserts = cute and great for portion control!
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 6 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 lemon
- 6 mini graham cracker pie shells
- strawberries, blueberries (or fruits of your choice)
- In a bowl, beat the heavy cream until medium to stiff peaks form, about 4-5 minutes. Mix in the mascarpone cheese and powdered sugar. Add in the zest of about half of a lemon along with some lemon juice (you can use half of a lemon or more if you want the flavor to stand out more). Stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture evenly amongst each of the mini pie shells.
- Slice strawberries into thin slices. Arrange on top of the pie along with some blueberries. Refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317 Total Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 46mg Sodium: 258mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 15g Protein: 5g