Mexican Street Corn
One of the things I always miss when summer ends every year is all the amazing fresh corn. We eat it about two times a week in my house and Maddie is obsessed. She’s always stealing it off our plates and the other night she ate two huge cobs all on her own and still was looking for more!
I typically just boil my corn and then slather on some butter and salt, but sometimes it’s nice to kick things up a notch. Enter Mexican Street Corn!
Mexican Street Corn couldn’t be easier to make. First the corn gets grilled until lightly charred and then you brush on a mixture of sour cream, mayo, and spices. Then you top it off with some crumbles of cojita cheese, cilantro, and lime juice! It’s the best way to dress up some fresh corn and pairs well with all Mexican dishes and even just some grilled chicken or burgers!
If you can’t find cojita cheese in your grocery store, feta cheese is a great substitute! And if cilantro isn’t your thing, try some fresh chopped chives! It’s a great no-fuss side dish for summer grilling! You can also set up a little street corn bar and let guests garnish their corn themselves.
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder or paprika, plus more for garnish
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1/3 cup cotija cheese, crumbled (or feta)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (or chives)
- Lime wedges
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat (about 400 degrees F).
- In a bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayo, garlic, salt, and chili powder. Set aside.
- Add the corn to the grill or grill pan and cook for about 3 minutes until the corn starts brown and the kernels become charred. Turn the corn and continue cooking until the corn is cooked on all sides. Remove from the heat and let sit for 1-2 minutes.
- Use a brush or spoon to brush the sour cream and mayo mixture all over each ear of corn. Then sprinkle a pinch more chili powder or paprika, cheese, and cilantro and a drizzle some fresh lime juice. Serve.
Serving Size:1 corn cob
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 411mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 6g