This holiday weekend was spent barely leaving the couch and binging on season 2 of Orange is the New Black and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. We thought about going to fireworks at the last minute and attempted to find a place to park and watch, but there was still so many people, we went right back home, sat back on the couch and ate strawberries and cream pie. It was a good day. Sometimes it’s okay to be completely useless.
In the summer, I think I make guacamole twice a week. My husband and I eat guacamole very differently. He just dips the chip in and right back out without scooping out guacamole. The chip barely has any on it. What is that about? He is missing all of the good stuff. I am the exact opposite. I scoop out an embarrassing amount on each chip. But, this is why we are perfect for each other.
Whether it’s for chip dipping or sandwich toppings, I can never get enough guacamole! I also can’t get enough fruit. Berries, watermelon, and mango. Lots of mango. And mango and guacamole are pretty much a match made in heaven. It adds texture and sweetness, but it doesn’t overpower the guacamole. I don’t even need the chips, just hand me a spoon! It’s the perfect summer twist!
- 2 ripe avocadoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 3 teaspoons minced jalapeño pepper (remove seeds)
- 1 large lime, juiced (or up to two small limes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I like to add nore to mine)
- 1 1/2 cups diced mango
- Slice each avocado in half. Remove the pit. With a knife, score each half of the avocados about 3-4 times lengthwise and then again 3-4 times widthwise. Take a spoon and scoop out the avocado into a bowl, it should come out in cubes.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients into the avocados. If you want a chunkier guacamole, fold in gently to avoid overly mashing the avocados. Stick the guac in the fridge for about 30 minutes and serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g