Lucky Charms Parfaits
It’s March! It’s an odd feeling seeing March on the calendar again. It’s been one whole year since our world was completely rocked and it’s crazy to think it’s actually been a whole year! Since everything was so crazy last year, we did not celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. I was too focused on getting the basics.
My husband has already reminded me that he wants his corned beef and St. Patrick’s Day food this year so I’ve already started planning.
These Lucky Charms Parfaits are really for the kiddos though, let’s be honest! Yeah, Lucky Charms are totally cliche for St. Patrick’s Day desserts, but who cares, right? They are fun and the kiddos love them. It’s literally been years since I’ve bought them. My husband’s face lit up when he saw them and couldn’t wait to eat all the leftover cereal.
These parfaits couldn’t be easier to prepare! I just mixed up some vanilla pudding mix and added green food coloring. I like to add a crushed layer of just the cereal on the bottom, but if you are short on time or don’t care, you can just add whole cereal and marshmallows.
Some tips before you get started:
- I used vanilla pudding mix for these, but you can also use plain (or Greek) yogurt if you’d rather use that.
- Feel free to add as much or as little green food coloring as you prefer!
- If you wan to prepare these in advance, you can make the pudding and store covered in the fridge, however I do not recommend assembling the parfaits until you are ready to serve them as the pudding will make the cereal soggy and the marshmallow colors will be bleed.
- I used old fashioned glasses, but I would recommend using small clear plastic cups for kids.
- 5 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups cold skim milk
- green gel food coloring
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Lucky Charms cereal (no marshmallows)
- 1 1/2 cups Lucky Charms cereal (cereal and marshmallows)
- Prepare the vanilla pudding. Mix pudding mix with the milk until thickened. Stir in green food coloring to reach desired shade of green. Set aside.
- Gather 4 small glasses or plastic cups. Divide the crushed cereal into the bottom of each cup. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the pudding, a layer of the cereal and marshmallows. Repeat pudding layer and top with more cereal and marshmallows. Serve immediately.
You can prep the pudding in advance if desired, but I do not recommend actually assembling the parfaits as the cereal will get soggy and marshmallow colors will bleed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 734mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 1gSugar: 50gProtein: 8g