Low-Fat Corn and Potato Chowder
This is that weird time of year where it’s still snowing in some places while in others, like Florida, the heat is coming. I’m going to ignore that its already getting hot here and still hanging onto soup season for as long as possible. I had a bag of big bag of potatoes to use up and soup is a great way to use them up.
This chowder is really simple to make and comes together in about 30 minutes making it great for cozy weekends or busy weeknights! Serve it with some salad and crusty bread or corn bread and it’s the best dinner. If you want to make this during the spring or summer when corn is in season, you can use fresh corn, but if not, frozen also works just fine.
Recipe Tips and Suggestions:
- I used baby gold potatoes for this recipe as I like the golden color they add and taste of them in this recipe, but any potato will work (like russet).
- I tend to go a bit lighter on adding milk or half and half, you can always add more depending your tastes.
- To make this chowder vegetarian, swap chicken broth out for vegetable broth and skip the turkey bacon.
- To make vegan, use the same swaps above and in addition, use almond milk in place of milk and half and half.
- Serve with crumbled bacon (or turkey bacon), sliced green onions or chives on top. You can also add some shredded cheddar cheese.
Serving Size: 1/6th
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 515mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 30g