Low-Fat Cheddar Chive Biscuits
You know what I wish I hated? Bread. I really wish I didn’t like it.
But damn you, bread, I just can’t quit you.
Give me some bread and olive oil to dip it in and it’s all over. Or any combo of bread and cheese. Heaven.
I try not to eat bread too often unless it’s with a sandwich or we are out for a nice dinner. But when Hubs requested some homemade soup last week for dinner, some nice biscuits just had to be made! One of my favorite biscuits are Cheddar Bay Biscuits. But, well, let’s face it, they are not so healthy.
I used the that delicious biscuit recipe and changed it up a bit by lightening it up and adding some fresh chives! They are still cheesy enough too and I didn’t feel like I was even eating a low-fat biscuit. Nom nom nom.
- 2 cups Bisquick Heart Smart Mix
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 3/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbs. + 2 tsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tbs. Light Smart Balance spread
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the mix, milk, 1 tbs. of chives, and cheese in a bowl. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces. Drop the pieces onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- While the biscuits are baking, melt the butter spread in a bowl. Stir in the remaining 2 tsp. chives and the garlic salt.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and brush some of the butter and chive mixture on top of each biscuit. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown on the bottom.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102 Total Fat: 3.6g