Lemon Parmesan Potato Foil Packets
I made these potato foil packets earlier this summer and feel like they are the last summer recipe I have in the bank! But really though, potatoes are delicious all year round and while you can certainly cook these on a grill, they can also be cooked in the oven which is how I cooked them since we aren’t allowed to have grills in our townhome community.
These potatoes are so ridiculously easy to make too! Just slice up some baby gold potatoes and toss them with some olive oil, garlic, some seasonings, fresh lemon zest and juice, and of course, a good dose of grated Parmesan cheese!
You’ll need about 45 minutes for them to cook in the oven so be sure to plan ahead for that. It took me less than 10 minutes to slice and prep these and the rest is just cooking time so they don’t require much hands-on effort!
These potatoes are perfect with a number of dishes from chicken, steaks, fish, or even pork – Pretty much anything you’d want to serve with potatoes with! I love using both lemon zest and juice for maximum lemony goodness!
I mix in cheese before baking, but I also love to sprinkle on a bit more once they come out of the oven because more cheese is always better!
- 2 pounds baby potatoes (red or yellow/gold), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (plus more for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Add the sliced potatoes to a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, lemon juice and zest, and the Parmesan cheese. Toss until the potatoes are well-coated.
- Break 4 rectangular pieces of foil, ensuring there is enough to fully cover the potatoes. Divide the potatoes evenly in the center of each foil sheet. Wrap the foil around each pile of potatoes and seal at the top. Place the packets directly on the oven rack. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. If grilling, grill for 25 minutes over high heat or until tender.
- Sprinkle additional cheese on top and fresh chopped parsley if desired. Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 701mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g