Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta
The Instant Pot has been my favorite kitchen appliance for two years now, but I always make the same three or four recipes with it and have been wanting to try some new ideas. Plus, I use my IP much more often during the fall and winter as it gets cooler outside.
This Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta is total comfort food. Simply cut up some chicken breasts, pour in some broth and seasonings, and then pasta and cook for just 6 minutes in your pressure cooker! At the very end, you just need to stir in some cream cheese, fresh spinach, and some Parmesan and dinner is ready so quickly!
Truth is that I don’t usually love sundried tomatoes. I don’t hate them, but I don’t typically love them. I loved them in this pasta though! You could add them in at the very end, but I added them into the pot before cooking and maybe that helped them get softer. Either way, they add a great punch of flavor to the recipe!
A lot of pressure cooker pasta recipes use all broth when cooking, but I feel like too much of it makes things taste a bit saltier than I normally prefer so I used half low sodium chicken broth and water in this recipe. You can use all broth if you prefer it that way!
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, diced into bite-size pieces
- 12 ounces gemelli pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 8 ounces plain cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Add the broth, water, and seasonings to the pressure cooker. Then stir in the chicken , sundried tomatoes, and pasta and try to fully submerge in the broth.
- Cover and secure the lid. Set to valve to sealing, and set on manual high pressure for 6 minutes.
- When done, do a quick release by switching valve to the venting position and toss a dish towel over it as the steam releases. Carefully open the lid and stir in the spinach, cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Cover the lid and let stand for 3-5 minutes. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese on top.
Slightly adapted from Betty Crocker
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 570mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 34g