Instant Pot Loaded Cauliflower Soup
One of our favorite soups to make is my easy potato soup. I make it about twice a month during the colder months and its one of our favorite comfort dinners.
Of course though, if you are watching your carbs, it may not be the best choice so I decided to make a cauliflower soup and wanted to use the Instant Pot. Oh my, this soup came out so good! And best of all is that it only needs 5 minutes in the Instant Pot to cook!
You guys, this soup is LUSCIOUS! It’s rich, creamy, and velvety smooth. It definitely has the consistency of your favorite potato soup. The soup gets its thickness from cream cheese instead of cornstarch or flour so it’s also a keto-friendly soup recipe!
This soup is so incredibly simple to make. Just chop up a head of cauliflower, pour in some veggie broth and cook in the pressure cooker for just 5 minutes. While it’s cooking, I cook up some bacon and grate some cheddar cheese for mixing in and for topping the soup.
You can use pre-shredded cheese, but freshly grated cheddar is going to melt so much better so I recommend that if you don’t mind the extra step to grate it.
One other heads up before making this recipe is that you will need either an immersion blender or a good blender. After the cauliflower cooks, you will add cream cheese, cheddar, the sour cream, and the half and half and blend it all up until perfectly smooth and creamy. I like to use my immersion blender, but a regular blender will also work if you don’t have an immersion blender.
If you want to make this recipe, but don’t have a pressure cooker, you can easily make it on your stovetop. Just simmer the cauliflower in the stock until it’s tender for about 10-15 minutes. All of the other steps would be the same!
That’s all you have to do for this soup! Finish it off with all of your favorite toppings like more cheese (duh!), sliced green onion, and crispy bacon!
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped (remove lower stems and leaves)
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable stock (or chicken broth/stock)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 ounces plain cream cheese
- 1 cup fresh grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup half and half (or milk)
- salt to taste
- For topping: crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onion, etc.
1. Add the chopped cauliflower to the pot of your pressure cooker. Pour in the vegetable stock and the garlic and onion powders. Close and lock the lid. Set valve to SEALING. Set on manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
2. While the soup is cooking, cook the bacon and shred cheddar cheese. When the soup is finished cooking, do a quick release to release pressure. Carefully remove lid.
3. Add the cream cheese, 1 cup of shredded cheddar, sour cream, and the half and half. Stir together. Use an immersion blender and blend until the soup is completely smooth and combined. Season with salt to taste. Top with crumbled bacon, more cheddar cheese, and/or sliced green onions. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 890mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 13g