Homemade Pumpkin Butter
I know I don’t normally post on a Sunday, but we are going to make a little exception because with Thanksgiving just a few days away, I feel the need to squeeze in one last pumpkin recipe for you guys for the season. Up until last year, I actually had never had pumpkin butter, just apple butter. I was seriously missing out. After a trip to Trader Joe’s, I threw a jar in my cart and immediately dug into it when I got home and fell in love. Just hand me the dang spoon!
This pumpkin butter is basically fall in a jar: Pumpkin puree, apple cider, cinnamon and spice. It’s sweet and luscious and perfect for spreading on toast, bagels, muffins, pancakes, apple slices, you name it! I always love coming up with a nice homemade gift every year and this pumpkin butter definitely fits the bill! You can hand them out friends and family or your co-workers. It also makes for a great hostess gift for Thanksgiving. You can put in cute jars and make nice labels and ribbons to decorate.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice or cider
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine the pumpkin puree, apple juice, sugar, and spices in a large saucepan and stir well. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently. The pumpkin butter should thicken up a bit more as it cools. Store in airtight jars or containers in the fridge.
Serving Size:approx. 3 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 4mg Carbohydrates: 26g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 23g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g