Herb Goat Cheese and Pomegranate Crostini
Crostinis are probably one of my favorite bites to make for holiday parties. They are so versatile – you can make so many different flavor combinations and they are always a hit with guests. Most crostini recipes are usually pretty simple which is a huge added bonus!
Party prep and cookie baking usually keeps me busy so simple appetizers are always a win! These Herb Goat Cheese and Pomegranate Crostini are no exception. Take some plain goat cheese and stir in some fresh minced garlic, thyme, and rosemary and spread it on toasted bread. Top with some fresh pomegranate seeds and drizzle with some honey and they are ready to be devoured! I also like to garnish with rosemary for that red and green holiday vibe!
These crostini are nice and light. I love the freshness and sweetness of the pomegranate seeds and honey paired with tangy goat cheese – the perfect combo! And of course, who doesn’t love toasted bread? I could easily eat like 10 of these!
Recipe Tips and Suggestions:
- I like to buy plain goat cheese and mix in my own garlic and herbs, but you can also buy goat cheese that is already mixed with whatever herbs or flavor combination you prefer!
- Rosemary and thyme are my favorite to use here, but you can experiment with other herbs.
- If goat cheese is not your thing, you can also make these with other soft spreadable cheeses like brie or even cream cheese.
- You can mix up the goat cheese in advance and cover and chill in the fridge, however, I would not recommend spreading it onto the bread until closer to when you want to serve it as the bread can get soggy as it sits with the goat cheese and pomegranate.
- I personally love a drizzle of honey on top of these, but if you are not sure if your guests will like it, you can serve them without and leave a bowl with the honey to drizzle on the side.
- 1 baguette -sliced into 1/3-1/2 inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- 6 ounces plain goat cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped rosemary
- 2/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush the olive oil on both sides of each slice of baguette. Arrange on a baking sheet and sprinkle tops with sea salt. Toast the bread until lightly golden around the edges. Set aside and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the goat cheese, garlic, and herbs. Spread the mixture on top of each slice of bread. Spoon a small scoop of pomegranate seeds on top of each one.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary leaves if desired. Drizzle the honey on top of the crostini. Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 128mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g