Harvest Cobb Salad
The Cobb Salad. It’s my most favorite salad of all time I think. What’s not to love about it? All those delicious toppings, it’s hard to resist! Whenever I see it on a menu, I almost always have to try it. I started thinking about making a fall version and then could not get the idea out of mind!
This Harvest Cobb Salad is full of fall flavors. First, I roasted some butternut squash with a touch of cinnamon. Then I added diced honeycrisp apple and walnuts. I also stuck with some of the more traditional Cobb salad toppings like avocado and hard boiled eggs and threw on some chicken. For the dressing, I mixed up a big batch of my favorite apple cider vinaigrette because what other dressing would be more perfect for such a salad?!
For the salad:
- 1 cup diced butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of cinnamon
- 3 cups lettuce mix of your choice
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 large honeycrisp apple, cored and diced
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1 hardboiled egg, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
For the apple cider vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon shallots, finely diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place the diced butternut squash on the cookie sheet. Drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle with the cinnamon and some salt. Roast in the afor about 20 minutes or unti tender. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing: shallots, oil, apple cider vinegar, agave, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, add the lettuce. Then arrange the avocado, apple, chicken, egg, and walnuts as desired. Drizzle with the apple cider vinaigrette and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 621