Ham, Asparagus, and Cheddar Frittata
One of my favorite dishes to make for company for breakfast or brunch is a frittata. First, you can add all sorts of things from meats, cheeses, and veggies. And second, they are pretty simple to prepare! And with the holiday season upon us, I thought you all might want some easy breakfast recipes to have handy. This frittata makes me think of my grandma because she loves to make frittatas with asparagus. I remember eating them a lot on nights where she didn’t feel like cooking a big meal for dinner.
My friends at STAR sent me some of their Cara Mia Marinated Asparagus to use in a recipe and I thought it would be perfect to use in a frittata! It made the frittata even simpler to make and I like the added flavor from the marinade on the asparagus. I also added some sliced ham and sharp cheddar cheese. I would happily eat this for breakfast, brunch, or dinner!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 large eggs
- 5-6 spears Cara Mia Marinated Asparagus, sliced
- 2 ounces ham, sliced or diced
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, beat the eggs together. Whisk in the sliced asparagus, ham, cheddar cheese, garlic and onion powders, and the salt and pepper until well-combined.
- Heat an oven-safe, 7-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and stir until melted. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook until the mixture begins to set. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Remove from the oven and cut into slices. Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 357mg Sodium: 567mg Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 21g
Disclaimer: I have an ongoing relationship with STAR Fine Foods for recipe development. This post is sponsored by STAR. I was compensated for my time and work. However, all opinions of the product stated in this post are my own.