Halloween Cocoa Krispie Treats
Going into Michael’s is just plain dangerous. I went in the other day to get some materials for a craft party I was having and in my Michael’s, the baking section is right in front of the entrance. They force me to walk by the Halloween baking display packed with the most fun Halloween stuff ever. I wanted to buy all of the cupcake liners even though I wasn’t making cupcakes. And then the sprinkles. Oh gosh, the sprinkles. There were like 10 different kinds and I wanted them all. Is there such thing as too many sprinkles? I don’t think so. My husband was with me though so I couldn’t get away with buying 10 bottles of Halloween sprinkles, but I did sneak off with one!
I am calling these Halloween Cocoa Krispie Treats, but they could really be whatever-holiday-or-occasion-you-want cocoa krispie treats. Just change up the decor on top! Go to Michael’s (or Hobby Lobby) and just go nuts. Get all the sprinkles and candy melts your little heart desires! I think these are most fun for the kiddos, but I brought them to work and the adults had no problem eating them!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Cocoa Krispies cereal
- To decorate: candy melts, sprinkles, frosting, etc.
- Line a 8×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large pot, melt the butter. Pour in the marshmallows and stir (stirring constantly so that the marshmallow doesn’t stick to the pan) until the marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cereal until it is completely coated with the melted marshmallow.
- Scoop the mixture out of the pot and into the baking dish. Pour some vegetable oil on your hands to help spread it in the dish so that it is in an even layer.
- Decorate as desired.
Serving Size:1 treat
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 99Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g