Grilled Salmon with Peach Salsa
I eat a lot of salmon and this salmon with peach salsa is so so yummy! The peach salsa is so flavorful and the best part of it is how healthy it is. Fish with any combination of citrus and fruit is always a good thing in my book! While I wish I could take full credit for the salsa, I have to give props to the people at Cooking Light magazine for this one. Over the years, they have featured multiple recipes for peach salsa so my recipe is combination of two of their recipes.
- 2 pounds salmon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon Chef Paul Seafood Magic seasoning
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups chopped peaches
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3/4 c. finely chopped red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
1. In a medium-sized bowl, chop all ingredients for the salsa and put into bowl. Add vinegar and mix well. Set bowl aside.
2. Heat grill or grill pan to medium high heat (if using a grill pan, spray with non-stick cooking spray). In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, and seafood seasoning. Mix well. Using a pastry brush, brush about half the marinade over the top of the salmon.
3. Once pan is heated, place fish skin- side down onto the grill pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes and gently turn fish over. Using a fork or knife, gently scrape skin off the fish (if the skin does not come off easily, then continue to cook fish skin-side down for another minute). Once skin is removed, brush the remainder of the marinade onto the fish. Cook for another 5 minutes or until fish is cooked to your preference.
4. Once fish is finished cooking, move it onto a serving dish or onto individual plates. Top fish with salsa and serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 474 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 21g Cholesterol: 115mg Sodium: 193mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 42g