Greek Tortellini Salad
Last week while cleaning out the fridge, I realized that I had about 100 different vegetables that were about to go bad. A salad is a great way to clean out the fridge, but I had something a little more specific in mind. I’m a big fan of Greek flavors and a pasta salad seemed like the right choice.
This Greek Tortellini Salad is light and fresh, making it the perfect side dish to bring to spring and summer parties! I love using tortellini in cold pasta salads. The cheesy filling adds nice flavor and texture and it’s also a bit more filling for the tummy!
I opted for black olives which I know really aren’t Greek compared to kalamata olives, but I was worried that kalamata olives were too salty and might overpower this pasta salad. Crunchy cucumber, grape tomatoes, and crumbled feta are also mixed in. The dressing is a simple lemony vinaigrette. This pasta salad is super simple, but full of fresh flavors!
You can add diced chicken to make this even more filling and substantial.
Greek Tortellini Salad
Greek Tortellini Salad - an easy pasta salad packed with light and fresh Greek flavors! Perfect for summer parties!
- 1 (16 ounce) package cheese tortellini, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large lemon, juiced (can add more if desired)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add the cooked tortellini. Stir in the cucumber, tomato, black olives, and the feta.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and the white wine vinegar.
- Pour the dressing over the tortellini and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill for 1 hour and then serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
7 Comments on “Greek Tortellini Salad”
Ha I tend to use black olives in my Greek-inspired things too mostly because they are easier to find in small quantities. Love this pasta salad!
This is such a brilliant idea for an easy summertime side dish, Stephanie! I love the combination of cheesy tortellini and those classic Greek flavors.
I have been on such a tortellini kick lately – this salad looks fantastic!
This is a great, enjoyable way to save veggies! And the dressing is a hit!
Julie & Alesah
Gourmet Getaways xx
I’ve never made a tortellini salad before but it sure looks delicious and something I would love to devour. Thanks for the idea!
Pingback: 25 Picnic-Perfect Pasta Salad Recipes - Simply Stacie
Pingback: 4th of July Recipe Roundup - Eat. Drink. Love.