Greek Chicken Lettuce Wraps
New year, new lettuce wrap. I think I’ve officially made this a January thing on this blog considering I’ve made them a lot in Januaries past like these, these, and these. Obviously, I go for low-carb options this time of year!
But, seriously, I adore lettuce wraps! They offer a great alternative to salads when you want to change things up. And of my most favorite salads is a good Greek salad. So why not make it into a lettuce wrap?!
These wraps don’t necessarily require any cooking. I used leftover chicken I had cooked the night before so you can grill extra or you could also use a rotisserie chicken.
The rest of the prep is simple. Just dice up from tomatoes, cucumber, and red onion. Toss in some olives (I used black because that’s what I had in my pantry) and crumbed feta with the chicken. I drizzled some fresh squeezed lemon juice and salt on top.
You could also spoon some hummus or tzatziki sauce on top for added flavor. Or your favorite Greek-style dressing (or green goddess dressing) works good too! These are the perfect light and delicious low-carb lunch!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1/2 cup fresh diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup sliced kalamata olives (or black)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt to taste
- iceberg or butter lettuce leaves, rinsed
- optional: hummus, tzatziki sauce, Greek-style dressing
- In a bowl, stir together the chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olives, and feta cheese. Drizzle some fresh lemon juice on top and season with salt to taste.
- Serve the chicken salad with rinsed iceberg or butter lettuce leaves. If desired, spoon hummus, tzatziki sauce, or Greek-style salad dressing on top for added flavors.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 117mgSodium: 513mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 30g