Goat Cheese-Stuffed Chicken
This time of year always means lots of baking and parties. I always struggle with dinners because I feel like we are so busy and that I have too many other things to cook or bake. Quick and easy dinners are an absolute must! Chicken is always as easy go-to, but it can get kind of boring.
Enter goat cheese! Goat cheese makes everything better in life and elevates this ridiculously simple chicken disk. I mixed in some fresh rosemary and thyme and some garlic with the goat cheese for extra flavor and it’s seriously so delish! This recipe is done is about 20 minutes making it perfect for weeknight meals. You can serve it with sauteed spinach or veggies if you are trying to cut down on carbs or it would also be great with roasted potatoes or rice pilaf! You can also swap out the herbs or even add more if you prefer others. Parsley and chives would also be really tasty.
One quick tip for cooking this chicken is to be a little careful when cutting the slits in your chicken. I did mine at a angle for this post so you can see the filling in the photos, but if the top and bottom half are really uneven, you may find the mixture oozing out of the chicken as it cooks. If you find this is happening, you can always spoon the mixture back into the chicken later.
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- In a small bowl, mix together the herbs, garlic, and goat cheese until combined. Set aside.
- Take each chicken breast and cut a slit lengthwise. Stuff each breast with the goat cheese mixture and sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 5-7 minutes per side or until cooked throughly. Squeeze the lemon juice on the chicken just before serving.
Serving Size:1 stuffed chicken breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 426mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 45g