Apparently, this Gingerbread Week is all about recipes you can eat for breakfast because today we are having pancakes! I love making homemade pancakes. For some reason, the thought of making homemade pancakes seemed too difficult to me for the longest time. I don’t know why, it’s not difficult at all and while I will not deny that I still reach for boxed pancake mix here and there, but it is nice to sometimes do something a little more special. I love making a special breakfast for Christmas morning. It’s a treat before or after a morning of opening gifts and/or going to church with family. Carbs are needed for Christmas morning and what would better than Gingerbread Pancakes?
These gingerbread pancakes are really the ultimate holiday breakfast. They are warm and cozy and they make me wish we got a little bit of snow here in Arizona. I will just have to pretend it’s not actually 75 degrees out. You can use regular syrup and butter on top or you can get fancy with spiced butter or a ginger syrup. I also totally recommend a huge dollop of whipped cream and sprinkles on top as it makes these even more fun to eat!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- Garnish with syrup, whipped cream, and festive sprinkles
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and the brown sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the molasses, beaten egg, vegetable oil, and the milk. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients until just combined.
- To cook the pancakes, add a pat of butter to a pan or griddle heated over medium-low to medium heat. Scoop some of the batter, about 1/4 cup (I used a large cookie scoop) onto the pan. Cook until bubbles appear on top and then flip the pancake and continue cooking another 2-3 minutes until the pancake is cooked through. Repeat with remaining pancakes.
Serving Size:1 pancake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 33mg Sodium: 155mg Carbohydrates: 33g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 11g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g