When December hits, my girls and I always look forward to holiday baking. We are staying put at home this Christmas which has motivated me to already start planning out our cozy baking plan to put together cookie trays which I never bother with when having to travel.
First up are these Gingerbread Blondies! I honestly didn’t expect the girls to like these too much since gingerbread has a stronger, spicier flavor. I was totally wrong, they gobbled these up within days and are already asking to mix up another batch. I get it, these blondies are everything a blondie should be – soft, moist (I know, I’m sorry. Sometimes it’s truly the best word though!), and perfectly chewy.
These blondies are super simple to mix up and require no fancy decorating which makes them perfect for adding to your cookie baking list! I topped mine with a drizzle of melted white chocolate on top. You could make a frosting if you wanted (like the cinnamon frosting I put on top of these gingerbread cookies), but the white chocolate drizzle is all you need, less messy to eat, and makes these better for freezing and packing.
Recipe Tips and Suggestions:
- I used light brown sugar for this recipe, but you can also use dark brown sugar if you want these to have a darker, more gingerbread-like color.
- I topped these blondies with melted white chocolate. You may also choose to frost them. I like this cinnamon buttercream frosting if you want to frost them instead!
- I went a tad lighter on the ginger and spices in this recipe as I wasn’t sure if the kids would like it. If you prefer more spice, add little more of your faves!
- These blondies will freeze well if you want to bake ahead! Bake them and let them cool completely before slicing and putting in an airtight and freezer-safe container. You can add a piece of parchment or wax paper in between each layer of the bars.
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 (or 9x9) baking pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the butter, eggs, and sugars until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and molasses.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices into the bowl. Use a mixer to mix together until just combined. Transfer the batter into the baking dish and smooth with a knife into an even layer.
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the white chocolate. Heat in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until smooth and melted enough to drizzle with a spoon. Drizzle the white chocolate over the blondies.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing. Store in an airtight container for 5 to 6 days or freeze until ready to serve.
Serving Size:1 blondie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g