Garlic and Basil Tomato Sauce
This post is sponsored by STAR Fine Foods
While I love making homemade tomato sauce that just simmers away for hours on end, let’s be real, there is not always enough time for that! Sometimes I decide what’s for dinner at the last minute and it’s always nice to have a quick and easy sauce recipe on hand. This Garlic and Basil Tomato Sauce is ready in just about 20 minutes and can be served with any pasta!
For this sauce, I also added in some of my favorite olives, the Garlic and Basil Marinated Olives from STAR Fine Foods. The olives are so flavorful and work perfectly in this sauce for extra flavor and texture!
And speaking of olives, my friends at STAR are running their How Do you O-live Sweepstakes where you all have the chance to win up to $5000 and other great prizes! STAR wants to know how you enjoy olives whether it’s just for snacking, appetizers, or dinners so click the graphic below to enter the contest!
Ok, so back to this sauce really quick. While the olives themselves have lots of great basil and garlic flavors, I also added fresh basil and garlic to the sauce. This is a simple and versatile sauce that you can throw together for any dinner!
- 1 tablespoon STAR Fine Foods Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup STAR Garlic & Basil Olives, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in the crushed tomatoes and then the tomato paste and stir until combined.
- Stir in the chopped basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, and the olives. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Lower the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 15 minutes. Serve with your favorite pasta!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 77 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 145mg Carbohydrates: 10g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
For other great olive recipes, check these out:
Full Disclosure: This post is part of an ongoing collaboration I have with STAR Fine Foods. While I have been compensated for my work, all opinions and text are my own.