Fontina Artichoke Dip
The Super Bowl is almost here and it’s that time of year where we want to stick to our diets, but the Super Bowl is all about food and dips and all the yummy things! While spinach artichoke dip is so popular, I wanted to try something a little different and I happened to have some fontina cheese in the fridge to use up so voila! This Fontina Artichoke dip is so delish!
Actually, I made this dip back in early November as a Thanksgiving appetizer, but had too many other holiday recipes to get posted. Oops! Lucky for me, this dip also works really well for game days! It’s kind of a fancier game dip. Game days can be a little more elevated, right?!
It’s super quick to prepare too. Sauté some shallot and garlic and mix them into a mixture of cream cheese and freshly shredded fontina cheese and artichoke hearts. Then just bake until warm and gooey! So easy!
I served this with some lightly toasted sliced baguette, but you could also serve it with tortilla chips or fresh veggies like baby carrots or celery!
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces plain cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fresh shredded fontina cheese
- 14 ounces quartered artichoke hearts, drained and roughy chopped
- For dipping: warm sliced baguette, tortilla chips, vegetables, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the shallots and cook for about 2 minutes until translucent. Stir in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and fontina cheese, stir until combined and smooth. Add the shallot and garlic mixture along with the artichokes. Stir until combined. Add salt to taste. Transfer to a cast iron skillet or a small baking dish. Bake until heated through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with warm sliced baguette, chips, and/or fresh vegetables for dipping.
Serving Size:1/6th (dip only)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 319mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g