Fig, Prosciutto, and Arugula Pizza
I wish I had a gazillion dollars. Yes, a gazillion. If I had a gazillion dollars, I would pay people to pack and move all our belongings and then when we get to Arizona, they would unpack for me and buy furniture and decorate and get everything all set up and it would be exactly the way I want it to be. Oh, and of course, our cars would just be brought there. Oh, and if anybody has a connection with someone who has access to a teleporter, that would be so incredibly wonderful. I would also settle for just winning the lottery, 125 million dollars would suffice. I mean, I’m not asking that for much here, people. And all that leftover money would go towards paying student loans and buying more Coach bags, btdubs.
I officially had my first panic attack yesterday. It occurred to me that we have less than 2 weeks to pack up our apartment and we have yet to pack even one box. Not even one. I started being all cranky and my husband said I was totally unbearable. I came home this afternoon from work to find that my sweet husband started packing all of our books and DVDs and broke down the cheap bookshelves. Even though it wasn’t a lot of boxes, just seeing boxes piled in the corner makes me feel a little better. We are going to be in a packing frenzy next week. So, yeah…if someone wants to give me a gazillion or at least 125 million dollars…
Cooking has been very useful in helping me procrastinate from packing. Figs were on sale at my grocery store last week so I had two big containers to go through. First up, pizza! Fig, prosciutto, and arugula pizza to be exact. This pizza has such an interesting flavor combo. You get that sweetness from the figs, saltiness from the prosciutto, and then a bitterness from the arugula, which I also doused in balsamic vinaigrette dressing. I just used mozzarella cheese since that is what I had on hand, but blue cheese crumbles or goat cheese would also be wonderful!
- 1 lb. pizza dough
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 7 fresh figs, stems removed and sliced into 1/4-1/3-inch thick slices
- 5 slices prosciutto, torn into smaller pieces
- 6 cups arugula, rinsed
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface so that it is about 1 inch thick. Sprinkle the cheese over the dough and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the bottom and top of the pizza is a light golden brown.
- Remove the cooked dough for the oven. Evenly distribute the sliced figs and prosciutto pieces over the pizza. Bake for another 5 minutes or until the figs and prosciutto have been heated.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, and the salt and pepper. In a larger bowl, add the arugula and drizzle in the dressing. Toss to coat the arugula and spoon over the pizza. Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 611Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 1740mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 5gSugar: 19gProtein: 29g