Good morning, friends!! Today I have prepared a delicious, low-carb, easy breakfast for you all, egg muffins! They are so easy to make and to take on-the-go! I filled mine with cheese, bacon, and spinach, but these are so versatile, you can really fill them with whatever you want!
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs. onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbs. milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a sauté pan, heat olive oil. Add onion and garlic and cook for about 1-2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 2-3 more minutes. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Mix in the chopped bacon. Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and the cheese. Season with the salt and pepper. Add the spinach and bacon mixture and stir until well-combined.
- Either use a silicone muffin pan or lightly spray some muffin liners in a muffin pan with non-stick spray. Evenly distribute the egg mixture amongst each muffin tin (I filled mine about ¾ of the way). Bake for about 25 minutes or until the tops of the muffins have turned a very light golden brown.