Good morning, friends!! Today I have prepared a delicious, low-carb, easy breakfast for you all, egg muffins! They are so easy to make and to take on-the-go! I filled mine with cheese, bacon, and spinach, but these are so versatile, you can really fill them with whatever you want!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 eggs
- 3 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3/4 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a sauté pan, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook for about 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 2-3 more minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and the cheese. Season with the salt and pepper. Add the spinach mixture and the bacon and stir until well-combined.
- Either use a silicone muffin pan or spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray. Evenly distribute the egg mixture amongst each muffin tin (I filled mine about ¾ of the way). If using a 12-cavity tin, fill the empty cavities about a 1/4 of the way with water. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the muffins have turned a light golden brown around the edges.
- Store leftover muffins in the fridge in an airtight container. To reheat, stick in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 196mgSodium: 490mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g
WW Points Plus: 4