Egg and Potato Breakfast Skillet
I love eating eggs for breakfast. They are by far my most favorite thing to eat for breakfast and it’s great that they good for you too! I usually eat just plain ol’ scrambled eggs on some low-carb toast with salsa on top. I wanted to change up my normal breakfast routine last week and decided to make myself this yummy breakfast skillet!
It is very simple to make. Just take one potato and saute it in a cast iron skillet with some oil and onion, peppers, and spinach. After the veggies are cooked, add in some diced potato and break two eggs on top and continue cooking until the eggs are set. If desired, you can also sprinkle some cheese on top for extra deliciousness!
Some tips before you get started:
- If you are following a paleo or Whole30 diet, then leave out the cheese in this recipe.
- Feel free to swap out veggies for whatever you have in your fridge! Mushrooms, broccoli, asparagus, etc. would all work well in this recipe.
- Be sure to cook the potato in the microwave first. The rest of the recipe doesn’t require as much time as the potato needs to cook through so cooking it for a few minutes first is important.
- If your eggs seem still too undercooked when the rest of the skillet is done cooking, you can stick the pan under the broiler for a minute or so, but watch carefully if you want a runnier egg yolk!
- I find this recipe to make enough for two servings. If you are really hungry, you can make it one serving or also serve toast on the side to stretch it to two servings. Feel free to cut out an egg or only use half of the potato if you want to cut some fat/calories!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 200mgSodium: 341mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 13g